[rabbitmq-discuss] Noticed way too many open connections

cw storm cwstorm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:10:22 GMT 2013

One day, I've noticed that there were about 700+ open connections on the
rabbit mq server.  We couldn't understand as to why and how that happen.
 As far as I know, the client supposedly always perform an open and close
connection once it's successfully complete.  Obviously, somehow the close
connection did not get executed in the client consumer service which lead
me to believe resulted in the open connections.  I'm thinking of adding
setConnectionTimeOut to the open connection service so that if that
connection/channel did not close properly, the rabbit mq server will close
it after the timeout has been reach.  Please let me know if this is best
practice or not.

Thanks,
Phil