[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq priority queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 30 09:52:11 BST 2013

On 30/08/13 09:39, Michael Klishin wrote:
>> In this situation, do I need different channels for each queue? Or
>> I only need 1 channel, mutil queues, and 1 consumer?
>
> To consume from multiple queues you need multiple consumers. They can
> use the same channel.

I believe the OP's question pertains to the use of QueuingConsumer in
this context. In particular, when using the same QueuingConsumer
instance to consume from multiple queues, there is no way to distinguish
which messages were delivered from which queues.

This could be addressed by adding the consumer tag to
QueuingConsumer.Delivery. I have filed a bug for that.

Regards,

Matthias.