[rabbitmq-discuss] Network partitions

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 28 11:00:15 BST 2013

Hi Ron,

Can you provide a bit more detail about which nodes detected a partition, what the log messages said when this happened and what the network topology looks like? If the nodes are "loosing touch" with each other due to latency in one or more switches, it may be necessary to look at the net_tick time interval used to detect partitions between erlang VMs. I would however, be vary wary of messing about with this kind of setting, since unintended consequences may ensue. The more you can tell us about the symptoms and your environment, the better we'll be able to advise you.

Cheers,

Tim