[rabbitmq-discuss] A three-node cluster hangs completely in ec2

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Thu Aug 22 21:20:58 BST 2013

Hi Jon,

I'm not 100% familiar with Amazon's availability zones and how they work,
but... it sounds to me like they are in different locations and different
networks?  If so, clustering is probably not a good idea in this case.
 See: http://www.rabbitmq.com/partitions.html

I don't know if this is the cause for the issues you've seen, but it may be
the cause of issues in the future...  On the other hand, if I am wrong
about availabity zones, then you can safely disregard this message! ;-)

-Chris