[rabbitmq-discuss] Messages are getting lost when I restart RMQ in producer server

tluck tilak.chauhan at ymail.com
Tue Aug 20 12:14:34 BST 2013

Hi,

I've installed/configured RMQ in multiple servers and they all are connected
though RMQ clustering. There is one producer sever which is responsible
publishing messges into multiple queues and other severs (consumer servers)
consume messages from the queues. So far everything was working fine, but
recently I've noticed one problem that is when I restart RMQ in any of the
consumer server then all the messages which were in queues (before restart)
appears back in the queues. In other words, If I restart rmq in any consumer
server then all messages still persist. But when I restart rmq in producer
server then all the messages are getting lost from the queues (in this case
messages also getting lost from all consumer severs, too).

Please anybody assist me here.. One more thing all rmq related configuration
in all the servers (producer and consumers) is same.

Thanks,
T.luck