[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP or HTTP API

mezgani ali handrix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 13:56:09 BST 2013

I have to retrive some data from database and put them into the queue,
let's take ping example
I will put IP addresses in queue and I have 6 nodes.

How I have to put data in 6 queue ? sequentially ? row 1 in queue 1, row 2
in queue 2, ..., row 7 in queue 1 ...
Please can you tell me how I will distribute jobs do you have any example
of code in python, PHP, ruby ??

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:

> mezgani ali:
>
> > I think to use only one queue and the nodes will consume what the main
> app produce like this
> > the job is distributed and the main app will not worry about how to
> dispatch tasks to node.
>
> If every node can perform every job, it will work. You can use the "type"
> header to
> indicate job type.
>
> Note that if you plan on growing from a single rabbit node to a cluster,
> using a single queue
> won't be optimal from both throughput scaling and HA points of view. But
> first things first, of course.
> --
> MK

Ali MEZGANI