[rabbitmq-discuss] Doubt on Feaderation loop

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 16 13:44:23 BST 2013

On 16/08/13 11:31, PONMUTHU M wrote:
>                  But the issue is *when A & B having consumers with same
> routing key* then massages are getting routed to each other until
> max_hops reaches.

I'm afraid that's just how federation works. There's no cycle detection
as yet.

We have some aspirations to add it, but we're aware that it won't solve
all message duplication issues anyway (for example a directed graph with
A->B, A->C, B->D and C->D will duplicate messages even though there's no
loop).

Having said that, if you want to send messages in one direction through
the tree you described then you can just make all the links
unidirectional, there won't then be any loops.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal