[rabbitmq-discuss] Delay between minority detected and stopped server

Malte Schirmacher mas at crosscan.com
Thu Aug 15 08:00:50 BST 2013

On 14/08/13 22:50, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>> Suppose the publisher is running on the same machine as the broker and
>> someone pulls the network-cable out of this box.
>> Then it is pushed into minority instantaneously but would possibly still
>> accept messages via 127.0.0.1 leading to inconsistency between the
>> mirrored queues what we tried to prevent by using pause_minority...
>
> There is *always* scope for that, since publishing is inherently
> asynchronous, and so is detecting of cluster partitioning.

Yet there *must not* be scope for this. There is more then a minute
delay between the node noticing it's in minority and actually shutting
down the node. Furthermore there is nothing here to be explained simply
by saying message delivery is asynchonous as delivering messages was
startet AFTER the node logged that its in minority.
--
Geschaeftsanschrift/Business Address: crosscan GmbH | Ruhrstraße 48 | 58452 Witten | Germany
Support: +49.2302.28232-22 Phone: +49.2302.28232-00 Fax: +49.2302.28232-09