[rabbitmq-discuss] Sudden crash (3.0.2)

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 14 16:17:05 BST 2013

On 14/08/13 16:06, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> Got some really funky errors and a sudden crash of my entire cluster.
> Off hand, I'm GUESSING it's a disk error, but I'm not totally sure -
> thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas?

I think you're right.

> ** Reason for termination ==
> ** {{badmatch,{error,eio}},
>      [{file_handle_cache,soft_close,1,[]},
>       {file_handle_cache,hard_close,1,[]},
>       {file_handle_cache,close,1,[]},
>       {rabbit_msg_store,terminate,2,[]},
>       {gen_server2,terminate,3,[]},
>       {proc_lib,wake_up,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,237}]}]}

eio is I/O error. Reported by the file handle cache that means you're
seeing errors accessing the disk.

But when you say "sudden crash of my entire cluster" - do you mean a
disk failure on one node caused failures on other nodes? That would be
bad! Or were your nodes sharing a disk somehow?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal