[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with Topic Exchanges and multiple binding keys

Michael Sullivan Michael.Sullivan at Ticketmaster.com
Fri Aug 9 22:12:16 BST 2013

Hello.  I am having an issue using the "Topic" type Exchange.  Following is the scenario...

·         I have several different subscribers that are bound to the same Queue and Exchange, with different routing key wildcards..

o   For example:

§  Da.response.server1.#

§  Da.response.server2.#

§  Da.response.server3.#

·         The messages being published have a routing key of 'Da.response.server[n].blah.blah

·         The subscribers end up receiving All messages (round-robin), regardless of the routing key.

·         It's almost as though the routing key is ignored and if a message is published that matches any of the bindings, Rabbit will route the message to any of the three servers.

Perhaps I am not fully understanding how the Topic Exchange should work, but something doesn't seem right here, and with the way it's working it's basically defeating the purpose of a Topic Exchange.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Sullivan