[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp and message headers

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 9 14:32:59 BST 2013

On 07/08/13 11:58, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
> I do can send message with header 'message-id', and see it on web-page
> by means of stomp.js. My rabbitmq is 3.1.3.

Adding a "message-id" header to a "SEND" frame cases an error frame to
be sent back to the web-stomp client. The error is also recorded in the
broker logfile.

> The one more question, Why does stomp plugin (adhoc_convert_headers)
> filter out all headers with type not in longstr and signednum? It is
> not so obviously how to send array in STOMP, but float should be
> straightforward.

It is not obvious what the string representation of a floating number
should be. E.g. both uuencoded and base64 encoded versions of the binary
representations will work also. The STOMP adapter cannot make this
choice. The only encoding allowed in STOMP headers is UTF8. Since STOMP
is a text-based protocol, you should use a string representation for
floating point numbers. If this represents an unacceptable overhead then
consider placing numbers in the body or using AMQP, which supports
IEEE-754 float and double numbers.

-Emile