[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Creation Rate and response times

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Aug 9 14:10:14 BST 2013

Jim Swainston:

> Recently I have started to get short lived spikes in queue creation up to approximately 20 queues per second across the whole rabbit box.
> When this happens the queue creation request time can jump up to anywhere between 10000ms and 20000ms.
> At the same time as this it appears as if the publishing request  to these exchanges also increases from about 40ms to about 5000ms.

Have you tried running vmstat or iostat to see if can be a limited I/O issue? Do you create exchanges
as durable? Is RabbitMQ running on localhost, accessed over LAN or WAN?

I have a benchmark in one of the clients (Bunny) that demonstrates about 0.77 KGhz for queue.declare
with server-named, non-durable, exclusive queues:

https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/blob/master/benchmarks/queue_declare.rb

To run it, do bundle install and then bundle exec ruby benchmarks/queue_declare.rb
--
MK