[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp and message headers

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:21:58 BST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to send out a message with non-empty headers table. As far
as I understand I am free to select any header name and any value type.

When I receive the message by means of webstomp (stomp.js), there is JS
object with three fields: command, headers and body, headers carries
both custom user headers and headers like 'content-length', 'message-id'
and so on. I even can send message with headers 'content-length',
'message-id' and so on. In this case, my value overwrites initial one.
This causes issues.

I think the issue lies in rabbitmq-stomp plugin where both amqp-headers
and amqp-props are converted to stomp headers. It is not so easy,
because we are allowed to have header name same as property name.