[rabbitmq-discuss] no next heap size found after crash

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 25 14:41:52 BST 2013

Daniel,

On 25/04/13 13:37, Daniel Jimbel wrote:
> I have read this discussion
> "http://markmail.org/message/dklyh24mrihuloiv#query:+page:1+mid:ishyo3ijnto25wwx+state:results"
> and I think that this maybe work for us.

Yes, but I really want you to try R16B and see whether that solves the
problem. And if not, then ideally get us a copy of the DB or perhaps
access to the machine so we can reproduce the issue - rabbit should not
require excessive amounts of memory on startup; if it does on modern
Erlangs then that is something we need to get to the bottom of.

> In our rabbit database, directory
> "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at xxx-hostname/msg_store_persistent"
> there are 54284 .rdq files, if I remove half and start rabbit, wait
> to process all messages, stop it and then move the other half, is
> this safe? or is there any chance to corrupt the rabbit database?

That should work fine.

Regards,

Matthias.