[rabbitmq-discuss] EXT :Re: Memory not flushing to disk

Rodrian, Logan P (IS) Logan.Rodrian at ngc.com
Wed Apr 24 13:50:16 BST 2013

Emile-

Long may be defined as holding tens of millions of messages before the consumers connect to the broker.

You mentioned batching messages.  Is this something that is done by the producer when sending to the broker or a setting within RabbitMQ?

What does RabbitMQ do with the RAM indexes when it is shutdown?  I assume it writes to disk somehow and then reads the indexes back into RAM upon startup.  Does this process only happen upon shutdown and never during execution?  i.e. it never pages the RAM index to disk when out of space?

Logan Rodrian