[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Cluster Issue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 23 15:36:06 BST 2013

On 23/04/13 15:28, Richard Raseley wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> 1) I was trying to obfuscate my actual naming conventions - but they are
> named in a similar manner. The general structure though is that in
> cluster01 I have an exchange named something like "cluster01.topic" and
> in the pattern field I put " ^cluster01\. " (basically everything in
> preceeding the "." in the exchange name). Can you confirm that this
> would be the correct pattern?

In the quotation marks you have leading and trailing spaces which would
obviously stop the match from working. But other than that it looks fine.

> 2) I do not see "federate-me" show up in the management UI exchange list
> - but I see the policy in the Admin section. Would it show up as a
> discrete exchange itself?

Some federation-related infrastructure (including exchanges) would show
up once federation starts, but if you don't see "federate-me" in the
policy column for any exchange then the policy is not matching and
nothing will happen.

If you can post the results of "rabbitmqctl report" then I can look at
why the policy pattern is not matching.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen