[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Cluster Issue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 23 10:53:42 BST 2013

On 22/04/13 23:11, Richard Raseley wrote:
> 4) Added a new policy (from the perspective of "cluster-01") with a name
> of "federate-me", a pattern of "^cluster01\." and a definition of
> "federation-upstream-set:all".

That pattern is meant to match exchange names - is that how your
exchanges are named?

> Based on my understanding I should now see the link listed (whether or
> not is successful or producing errors) in the federation status page of
> the management UI. All I see is "... no links ...". Furthermore,
> executing a " rabbitmqctl eval 'rabbit_federation_status:status().' " on
> any of the nodes in the two clusters returns " [] ...done. ".
>
> The logs from the servers show no errors related to federated links.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) My understanding was that defining the upstream and the policy on a
> particular vhost was enough to begin instantiation of the federated
> link. Is this the case?

That should be the case. My guess is that the policy is not matching any
exchanges and so federation thinks it has nothing to do. Do you see
"federate-me" show up in the management UI exchange list / "rabbitmqctl
list_exchanges name policy"?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen