[rabbitmq-discuss] Handling server connection failures

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 17 09:22:57 BST 2013

Hi,

On 16/04/13 19:27, John wrote:

> I am looking for some advice on how best to handle connection failures
> within my C#.NET test client using rabbitMQ 3.0.4.

> I have read http://www.rabbitmq.com/consumer-cancel.html

If your client is connected to an HA cluster then it may receive
basic.cancel notifications, as explained in that link.

If your client is connected to any broker then it should also be
prepared to accept connection errors and channel errors. The
ExceptionTest sample that ships with the .NET library illustrates.
Also see the ShutdownProtocols in section 4 of the User Guide:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v3.0.4/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-3.0.4-user-guide.pdf

-Emile