[rabbitmq-discuss] Naughty client needs frame_max

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 15 09:59:32 BST 2013

Hi

On 12/04/13 22:44, Veets wrote:
> [ {rabbit, [{frame_max, [0]}]} ].

It should be without brackets around the number:

[{rabbit, [{frame_max, 0}]}].

> It either errors out and complains about the config, or rabbit starts
> but I get auth errors and it seems my users are no longer defined, if I
> remove the config all is well.

If you get authentication errors without the config file then that
points to a separate problem with a separate solution. See

https://www.rabbitmq.com/authentication.html

> Am I setting this value wrong? I am running on Ubuntu 12.04 and there is
> no default rabbitmq.config to modify, so I just create my own and insert
> the above. Does this not append the needed value or is it if you use a
> .config you need ALL of it? <confused>

You may specify only the variables you are interested in. There is no
need to specify an exhaustive config file. For more details see

https://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html

-Emile