[rabbitmq-discuss] Error While starting rabbitmq server

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 9 11:59:45 BST 2013

For some of our packagings "rabbitmq-server" will attempt to su to the
rabbitmq user if invoked as root. Normally we expect this will succeed
without a password. How did you install? Note that if you installed from
.deb / RPM then you probably want "/etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server start".

Also, as Tim said, 2.8.2 is quite old.

Cheers, Simon

On 09/04/13 07:39, Jain, Punit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have rabbitmq server(2.8.2) installed on my linux machine, but when I
> try to start it I get following error:
>
> # rabbitmq-server
>
> su: incorrect password
>
> I have tried googling it but couldn’t find anything useful. Help is
> really appreciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Punit

Simon MacMullen