[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable + Exclusive queue disappeared

Jonathan Schwietert jonathan.schwietert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:43:45 BST 2013

Thanks again for the response Emile. We've given up on fixing the problem
for now & will try, as you've noted, blowing away the DB in order to start
fresh. After trying to duplicate the issue I can't find any way to
replicate it. Multiple attempts of restarting the process, restarting the
consumer in a running process all yield a fully working queue.

The event which originally triggered this was our shovel had got into a bad
state so we used a 'shutdown -r now' to simply restart the server which
evidently failed at the point it was trying to shutdown the broker. At this
point the broker was hard-rebooted and came back up with the error i posted
here. If you're interested enough in me trying to replicate this issue
again i wouldn't mind trying but it does seem like its a rather unique
case. Our versions are: RabbitMQ *2.8.2* on Erlang *R15B01.*