[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-java-messagepatterns

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 2 11:10:09 BST 2013

Hi Chris,

On 29/03/13 12:46, Chris wrote:
> Can anyone recommend for or against this library for 3.x deployments?
>  Should we look into it, or should we just plan on implementing the
> reconnection and resubscription logic ourselves?

The project you refer to has been deprecated. You may decide to re-use
the ideas in it, but the code is no longer maintained and may fail to
compile.

RabbitMQ has not released a Java client library that contains logic for
reconnecting to HA clusters, but it is simple to do so yourself:
see http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html for details.

You may also want to look at Spring AMQP which offers some reconnection
support. Another alternative is to front the cluster with a
load-balancing proxy.

-Emile