[rabbitmq-discuss] HA queue disappears when a node rejoins the cluster

lreese lreese at softlayer.com
Thu Sep 20 23:53:04 BST 2012

Francesco Mazzoli-2 wrote
> Hi Matt,
>
> It turns out that I was testing it wrong - I can reproduce the problem,
> and we
> tracked down the cause. Thanks a lot for reporting this, even if fixing it
> won't be fun...

Hi Francesco,

I believe that we have encountered a similar issue this morning with our
RabbitMQ cluster (2.7.1 / R15B). We are moving to a new cluster (and new
version) soon, but before we do that I'd like to keep track of the bug you
found and verify it's what we actually encountered. Could you provide the
bug identifier (if one exists yet) that can be looked up in the source
repository so that I can attempt to determine this? I believe our scenario
was caused by network segmentation, which may match up with what I've read
on this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Logan Reese