[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange to exchange bindings in python (pika)

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Thu Sep 20 12:29:51 BST 2012

And I see a bug from my test code and what I pasted... The
channel.transport.rpc line should be:

channel.transport.rpc(Exchange.Bind(source='topicEx',
destination='anotherEx', routing_key='#'), exchange_bound,
[Exchange.BindOk])

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Gavin M. Roy <gmr at meetme.com> wrote:

> The method exchange_bind is not defined on the channel, I will add to the
> 0.9.6 tree. Exchange.Bind can be accessed with the following code (tested
> with pypi installed 0.9.5):
>
> import pika
> from pika.spec import Exchange
>
> connection =
> pika.BlockingConnection(pika.ConnectionParameters(host='127.0.0.1'))
> channel = connection.channel()
>
> def exchange_bound(frame):
>   print 'Exchange Bound'
>
> channel.transport.rpc(spec.Exchange.Bind(source='topicEx',
> destination='anotherEx', routing_key='#'), exchange_bound,
> [Exchange.BindOk])
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com>wrote:
>
>> Dave,
>>
>> apologies for the late response...
>>

>> On 23/08/12 04:24, Dave Curylo wrote:
>>
>>> I get this error attempting to call channel.exchange_bind:
>>>
>>> 'BlockingChannel' object has no attribute 'exchange_bind'
>>>
>>> This is my source:
>>>
>>> import pika
>>> connection =
>>> pika.BlockingConnection(pika.**ConnectionParameters(host='10.**
>>> 0.1.100'))
>>> channel = connection.channel()
>>> channel.exchange_bind(source='**topicEx', destination='anotherEx',