[rabbitmq-discuss] Security Privileges Question

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Tue Sep 18 21:14:02 BST 2012

Hi, Mark:

See the convenient table in http://www.rabbitmq.com/access-control.html

To prevent publishing, deprive your client of the write privilege for the
exchange in question.  Creating queues will require the configure
permission on the queue's name, and binding the newly created queue to the
exchange requires you to be able to write the queue and read the exchange.

More exotic limitations are possible if you write your own custom auth
backend, although that will require you to write Erlang code and understand
a few of Rabbit's internal interfaces, how to compile a plug-in, etc.

Best regards,
Jerry