[rabbitmq-discuss] Occasional slow message on a local machine

Brennan Sellner bsellner at seegrid.com
Sat Sep 15 17:04:21 BST 2012

Matthias,

On 09/15/2012 11:06 AM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> You'd certainly want to avoid designs that create one queue per message,
> e.g. one reply queue per request-response interactions. That's a bit of
> an AMQP anti-pattern ;)

Yeah, I know. :-)  In this case, there are a number of very
short-running scripts that start, connect, make one or a few queries,
then shut down.  We're phasing them out, but need to support them in the
meantime.

> Also, your workaround of making the channel closure asynchronous is a
> good one and will be beneficial even when there is no fsync.

Good to know.  I'll clean it up and push it to github in case it's of
use to others.

Thanks,

-Brennan