[rabbitmq-discuss] What is a proper workflow for ACKs?

mgornik milan.gornik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:31:44 BST 2012

Hi Emile,

Thank you very much for your reply! I started building such solution in the
meantime. I have one additional question. My first try (with persisting
DeliveryTag and trying to issue acknowledgements from new
connection/channel) was relying on IModel.BasicAck throwing exception when
RabbitMQ has not received ack properly. To me, it seems that it really
detected those messages which were not able to be acknowledged properly. Can
I rely on that behavior (and then persist only MessageIDs of messages which
failed to ack) or should I perists all MessageIDs of all processed messages?
I would like to avoid having to persist all IDs.

Milan