[rabbitmq-discuss] Can't receive STOMP messages in ISAPI.dll under IIS 6 (Delphi/Habari client)

Adam Hiler ahiler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:07:49 BST 2012

Hello,

I am having difficulty receiving messages inside my application which is an
ISAPI dll written in Delphi.  I am not trying to use IIS for the RabbitMQ
communication, but for other RPC purposes.

We use RemObjects for our RPC implementation.  The server side is compiled
as an ISAPI DLL and runs under IIS (v6 and possibly v7).  My test
environment is IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server.  In that Delphi ISAPI dll we
want to talk to a RabbitMQ broker for server-side work queue processing.
Using the Habarisoft Delphi toolkit I can send messages fine, but I cannot
receive them if the code is hosted as ISAPI under IIS.  It does not appear
to be a normal firewall issue because I can compile the same code as a
standalone EXE and it runs fine, sending and receiving, on the same Windows
2003 server.  If I put a message in the queue first with the RabbitMQ HTTP
Management Tool, then start the ISAPI server (by sending a command to it
through its web-site, forcing the isapi dll to be loaded), I can see
various things in the RabbitMQ console:

The connection that appears is STOMP 1.0.

 The "name" is 192.168.124.129:4298 -> 192.168.124.128:61613

I can also see that the "ready" count goes from 1 to 0 and the
"unacknowledged" count goes from 0 to 1 and stays there.  If I stop the
app-pool, the message will revert to ready.  Again, I can run this exact
code and get acknowledgements and reply messages if I do not run it as an
ISAPI dll under IIS, but still run it on the same machine.

Thanks for any help.

Adam Hiler