[rabbitmq-discuss] Trouble with udp exchange

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 11 11:31:54 BST 2012

On 11/09/12 10:16, Albert Aixendri wrote:
> To create the ez plugin I have cloned the source plugin from
> https://github.com/tonyg/udp-exchange and I have followed the
> instructions from plugin development page. I have got it and I have
> enabled it. Then when I try to create the udp exchange via web
> management but I have got the following error:

So I suspect that you have compiled the UDP exchange against hg default,
but are then running it against RabbitMQ 2.8.x. The error you posted
looks like an inconsistency in the #exchange{} record, which has indeed
changed post-2.8.x.

So, to recompile against 2.8.x:

$ cd rabbitmq-public-umbrella
$ make clean
$ make BRANCH=rabbitmq_v2_8_x named_update
$ cd udp-exchange
$ make

Hopefully that should sort you out.

Cheers, Simon