[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher confirms performance

Allen Riddle allenriddle at google.com
Mon Sep 10 22:06:18 BST 2012

I am curious what people are seeing in their production deployments of
RabbitMQ using publisher confirms in a cluster of nodes with durable
queues. I'm running a four core Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro, 2 GHz with 8 GB
of memory. With local benchmarks against a cluster with 2 nodes, I'm
synchronously publishing messages and confirming each, and it takes roughly
46 ms on average per message. When I take away the publisher confirms
piece, it falls down to 8 ms, and when I remove durable queues, there is a
net zero difference. Does this behavior line up with what everyone else is
sees? I'm curious if I have a bad setting somewhere or is publisher
confirms really that slow. Thanks.