[rabbitmq-discuss] Dynamic queue problem

Bhaskar teja prudhviy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:23:42 BST 2012

We have 20 different kinds of web notifications. we categorized them
into 5 * 4 and gave a routing key for each kind like -- documents
                                          -- wall
                                          -- issues
                                          -- tasks
each having 5 notifications of its kind. we have plans to make
rabbitmq handle e-mails via consumers. In future we thought of having
topic exchanges so that single event message from web app to rabbitmq
can route the messages appropriately like,
  --- web_notifs.documents
  --- mail.documents
  --- logging.documents
so we declared dynamic queues so that routing keys match via *.documents.
Is there a better way to design this with named queues, so that we can
run a single consumer for now?

How can i get the old dynamic queue name? I could not find any api in
python pika module.

--
Thank you,
Bhaskar teja