[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq won't start after upgrading Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 10 11:38:55 BST 2012

Hi Frederick,

On 07/09/12 14:30, Emile Joubert wrote:
> peculiarity. You could either try to solve that, so that debug output

I'm sorry to see from your recent tweet that you have given up on trying
to solve this issue:
https://twitter.com/schmilblick/status/244754105002774528

As a test I've set up a 64-bit server instance of the previous LTS
release (10.04) and performed do-release-upgrade (to 12.04.1 LTS) on it.
The Erlang package correctly upgraded from R13B03 (erts 5.7.4) to R14B04
(erts 5.8.5) and the rabbitmq-server package successfully upgraded from
v1.7.2 to 2.7.1-0ubuntu4. Installing version 2.7.1-0ubuntu4 and
2.8.6-1_all of the broker separately also succeeded.

I'm not able to reproduce any of the errors that you report and I
suspect the cause might be network setup, or some configuration from
prior to the upgrade. If you are willing to assist us in further
investigation to get to the root cause then please let us know what
possible causes you have already ruled out so that we can suggest
further diagnostic tests.

-Emile