[rabbitmq-discuss] Simple C Client to read from a Queue

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 6 12:11:50 BST 2012

On 6 Sep 2012, at 12:03, Tim Watson wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2012, at 11:39, Sajith Kariyawasam wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My requirement is to read a message from an AMQP based broker queue, using a C Client.
>>
>> I tested the samples found in https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c, there I'm more interested in amqp_listenq.c programme.
>>
>> But my requirement is to run this client periodically, should not continuously listen to the message queue (as in this example). I need to read just a simple message and out put the text content of that message.

Someone pointed out that you're after basic.get though. If you are *just* trying to pull 1 message off the queue and then terminate the program, then just drop the loops.

> Does amqp_consumer.c not do more of what you're interested in?

No, the listenq.c sample is the one you want. It really does seem that you're trying to get someone to write your C code for you though - as I said, just remove the looping - and whilst we are very keen to help with rabbit questions, I suspect this might be going a bit far even for the more enthusiastic among us. ;)