[rabbitmq-discuss] {SSL upgrade error, timeout}

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 29 10:12:36 GMT 2012

Dharshan,

On 22/10/12 21:48, Dharshan Rangegowda wrote:
> I ran through the troubleshooting wizard and the openssl connection test
> passes - so that makes me think it is not a network issue. However my
> java client still fails with the "Remote host closed connection during
> handshake" error. I have included the results of the connection test
> below. Any other thoughts on how I can debug this?

One possibility is that the ssl handshake genuinely takes too long (>5
seconds). When you ran...

> C:\temp>openssl s_client -connect 199.71.180.59:5671

...how long did it take for the handshake to complete?

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, did you check that your client
is correctly configured to trust the self-signed cert? I am asking
because the certificate below...

> -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
> [...]
> -----END CERTIFICATE-----

was issued on 22nd October.

So the fact that your client stopped working then is probably not a
coincidence.

Regards,

Matthias.