[rabbitmq-discuss] Dead letter exchange behavior / best practice

Ludovic Fleury ludo.fleury at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:53:15 GMT 2012

I tried another setup which seems to don't work either...

Here's my second setup:
-"my-exchange" bound to "my-queue"
-"my-ttl-exchange" bound to "my-ttl-queue" with a "x-message-ttl set to
5000".

- "my-queue" has a DLX set on "my-ttl-exchange'.
- "my-ttl-queue" has a DLX set on "my-exchange".

I have only one worker which consume my-queue.

So the scenario should be simple, a message is published into
"my-exchange", which place the message into "my-queue".
The worker consume the message in "my-queue",
if the worker reject the message, it should be placed into "my-ttl-queue"
with a ttl of 5 seconds.
Since there is no worker consuming "my-ttl-queue", the message ttl will
expire and ... the message should be re-placed into "my-queue".

Basically, everythig work except the last part: once in "my-ttl-queue", the
message does'nt seems to be placed in the correct DLX nor in the original
queue...

So I assume cyclic DLX are not allowed ?