[rabbitmq-discuss] Auto-Delete queues not getting deleted

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 26 11:45:38 BST 2012

Andrea,

On 26/10/12 11:12, Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) wrote:
>> Couldn't you make the queue 'exclusive' instead of 'auto-delete'?
>
> That means if I have an exclusive queue and the consumer crash the
> broker will take care of delete the queue?

Yes.

The downside of exclusive queues is that they can only have consumers on
the connection that created them. So this doesn't work for shared
queues, or queues created by some app that are subsequently to be
consumed from by some other app.

>> Or, alternatively, set a lease
>> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#queue-ttl).
>
> The lease feature is available from which version?

2.0.0, according to http://www.rabbitmq.com/changelog.html

Regards,

Matthias.