[rabbitmq-discuss] Auto-Delete queues not getting deleted

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 26 08:46:55 BST 2012

On 26/10/12 07:28, Raviv Pavel wrote:
> I find this behavior is problematic

AMQP/Rabbit could hardly do anything different - if the sole condition
for auto-deletion was that there are no consumers then the queue would
get deleted straight after creation, before you've had a chance to
attach any consumers.

> If I create an auto-delete queue (by code) and then crash before
> consuming, the queue will be stuck there until I delete it.

Couldn't you make the queue 'exclusive' instead of 'auto-delete'?

Or, alternatively, set a lease (http://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#queue-ttl).

Regards,

Matthias.