[rabbitmq-discuss] Means to interact with rabbitMQ from simple html UI

Brett Cameron brett.r.cameron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:32:02 BST 2012

Jim,

You might like to take a look at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/ and
http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/opensourceprojects/RabbitMQ/RabbitHub.pdf.
I've not tried it, but in theory there should be no problem using RabbitHub
to publish messages in the manner you have described, but (as things stand)
using simple HTML alone you would not be able to use RabbitHub to receive
messages. A better approach might be to write some simple web server-side
component in your language of choice that takes POST and GET requests from
from your HTML web pages and translates the requests into appropriate calls
to RabbitMQ. The RabbitMQ Web STOMP plugin could I think satisfy both of
your requirements, but again you're not looking at just simple HTML with
this.

Regards,
Brett