[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika doesnt timeout soon if IP address is not reachable

Bhaskar teja prudhviy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:57:26 BST 2012

Hi,

We are using rabbitmq with pika. Our application is in python CGI and we
use pika's blocking connection to connect to rabbitmq.
We create a new connection to rabbitmq every time a new request has come to
CGI.
The problem we face is, if the IP address config is wrong or host OS where
rabbitmq is down, the connection attempt to rabbitmq fails with huge
timeout(>30 seconds).
Basically what we want is the connection attempt should timeout within 1 or
2 seconds regardless of success or failure.
Is there any way we can do that?

Thank you,
Bhaskar teja