[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP plugin - durable subscription limitation

Michael Justin michael.justin at gmx.net
Sun Oct 21 09:32:08 BST 2012

Am 19.10.2012 15:22, Emile Joubert wrote:

> If I'm misunderstanding your question then please send another
> illustration that shows what information is missing. Is the problem with
> the STOMP spec or with the RabbitMQ implementation of it?

Many thanks for your answer!

My problem seems to be understanding the configuration of durable
subscriptions.

Imagine two clients which both want a durable subscription of topic
"ExampleTopic".

Client 1 subscribes, using the id "my-subscription-id-1"

SUBSCRIBE
destination:/topic/ExampleTopic
id:my-subscription-id-1
persistent:true

Client 2 now could subscribe using the same id:

SUBSCRIBE
destination:/topic/ExampleTopic
id:my-subscription-id-1
persistent:true

The documentation says: "For SUBSCRIBE frames, a shared queue is created
for each distinct subscription ID x destination pair"

So I understand with the frames shown, the clients would use the same
shared queue.

Does this mean that all waiting messages in the topic will be
distributed between the two clients because of the identical
subscription ID x destination?

Regards
--
Michael Justin