[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqadmin and default node behaviour

Simon Lundström simlu at su.se
Fri Oct 19 11:01:18 BST 2012

Hello!

I asked this question on IRC, but was asked my Michael to move it to the
mailinglist.

I'm trying to understand why rabbitmqadmin doesn't use the "default"
node when no config file is specified.
I use a config (stored in the default location) but I everytime I use
rabbitmqadmin I don't want to explicitly specify the node for every
command.
Someone must have had a good reason for not doing this in the first
place, but I cannot figure it out.

My suggestion:
* Always use nodename "default" if no other is specified via the node
switch.
* Use the default config if not other config is specified via the config
switch.

I'm willing to create a pull request for this, I just wanted to discuss
it first.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!
- Simon

---