[rabbitmq-discuss] Newbie Question: Very elementary Q creation vs. producer order

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 04:30:58 BST 2012

2012/10/18 scott taggart <taggart at taggarts.org>

> Can I create a message Q independently of my producers and consumers
> (before either starts) and then have the producer post messages before any
> consumer(s) come alive...

Any application can declare queues, exchanges and bindings.

> can the producer create a Q (if it happens to start before any consumers),
> and post messages before any consumers start?

Messages routed to queues without consumers will just sit there waiting for
consumers to appear.

This approach will work, however, your producers will have to know quite a
bit about how consumers work (at least what queues
and bindings they need).
--
MK