[rabbitmq-discuss] Use a mysql databse table as the provider for rabbitmq queue

Ryan R. ryan.rajkomar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:03:25 BST 2012

Ok I've definitely got what you're trying to say concerning the use of DBs
and message broker.

To explain a bit more, I'll answer the few questiosn you've scattered
across your reply :

Is it a distributed architecture ?

Definitely yes, each app will run on a different server

Why do I need to keep apps separate ?

Simply because my project can be viewed as a application suite composed of
about 5 different apps. The end-user will be able to choose which of the
apps he wants and I want to only provide what is absolutely necessary for
the end-user based on what he asked for, nothing more nothing less.
Therefore if the end user only wants one app out five I'm not going to
provide him with a RabbitMQ, he will have no use for it. However should he
asked for a set of apps that need to communicate, then I'll install a
RabbitMQ to let them communicate.
Now like I said, I'm looking for a way to do this without changing anything
in the apps' code.
What I'm looking for is a solution where I would have something like a
"watcher" external app that would keep an eye on what's going on in each
app and manage the content of each RabbitMQ queues accordingly.

That peculiar aspect of the apps is for my longterm evolution of my app :
for my personal use, the simpler approach of the code for pushing a mesage
in the queues embedded in the app would be fine. But since I'd like to make
it evolve to something else, I'd rather think ahead and try to do so right
now.

Hope these explanations help a little more.

Cheers,
Ryan.