[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexpected log generated

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 17 12:06:33 BST 2012

Hi,

On 17/10/12 11:27, Wong Kam Hoong wrote:
> Hi RabbitMQ Team,
>
> Recently i checked the RabbitMQ log, i saw there are a lot unexpected
> log generated which I really can't understand what they are..
>
> *_Sample Log_*
> =ERROR REPORT==== 17-Oct-2012::00:02:55 ===
> ** Generic server <0.401.0> terminating
> . . .
>
> Attached is the full log for your reference.

Unfortunately this was larger than the allowed 1Mb, preventing your
message from showing up on the mailing list.

The logfile included this error:

** Reason for termination ==
** {{case_clause,{{{value,{4431712,{drop,61,0,false}}},{[],[]}},
                  {empty,{[],[]}}}},
    [{gm,find_common,3},
     {gm,find_prefix_common_suffix,2},
     {gm,'-handle_msg/2-fun-0-',7},
     {gm,with_member_acc,3},
     {lists,foldl,3},
     {gm,handle_msg,2},
     {gm,handle_cast,2},
     {gen_server2,handle_msg,2}]}

This error has the same signature as a bug that has been fixed in more
recent versions of the broker. Can you please confirm which version of
RabbitMQ you are using and whether the problem persists if you upgrade
to the latest version?

-Emile