[rabbitmq-discuss] Dealing with Java JMS client

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 15 12:07:59 BST 2012

On 15/10/12 11:51, Tim Watson wrote:
> Sorry, I should probably clarify here. A JMS client that claims to
> support AMQP-0.9.1 *might* work with RabbitMQ, but at also may not and
> you would need to contact the JMS component author/vendor if you are
> running into problems with it. For details of RabbitMQ's conformance to
> the AMQP 0.9.1 specification, see
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html for more details.

...and for the particular error - "Unsupported field table type: F (70)"
- see http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-errata.html#section_3.
According to that, the type should be supported in a 0-9 client, but I
guess the openamq client is not conforming to the spec in that regard.
Since rabbit will send such a type during the connection establishment
handshake, you won't be getting very far with a client that trips over
that type.

Regards,

Matthias.