[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ stops responding for a few seconds, logs a "Context: shutdown_error", then resumes as if nothing happened

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Sat Oct 13 00:43:02 BST 2012

We've hit an odd circumstance in production that we can't make heads or
tails of. Our setup is two RabbitMQ 2.8.6 nodes running clustered with all
HA queues.

In front of them is a VIP managed by a keepalive instances running on the
same host as the RabbitMQ nodes. Every 5 seconds the keepalive instance
runs a custom script that queries the node local broker via the HTTP API,
requesting the set of queues (/api/queues).