[rabbitmq-discuss] Perfomance Calculations?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 11 07:24:14 BST 2012

Michael,

On 11/10/12 02:59, Michael Artz wrote:
> We started with micro instances (~400MB RAM, up to 1.2Ghz in burst), and
> saw sustained throughput rates of about 400 messages/second (16 byte
> messages),

You should be seeing *much* higher rates than that.

I recommend that you get some baseline figures by running one of
rabbit's off-the-shelf performance measurement applications, such as
com.rabbitmq.examples.MulticastMain, which ships with the Java client.
That will help you identify any weaknesses in your own test code.

Regards,

Matthias.