[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl list_connections hanging

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 9 05:21:50 BST 2012

On 09/10/12 03:35, Doug Barth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Matthias Radestock
> <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>> Hmm. So connections were still being accepted after the problem surfaced?
>
> Yes, AMQP connections are still accepted and all our existing
> connections seem fine.

ok.

> $ sudo /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl eval
> 'process_info(whereis(rabbit_tcp_client_sup)).'
> [{registered_name,rabbit_tcp_client_sup},
>   {current_function,{gen_server,loop,6}},
>   {initial_call,{proc_lib,init_p,5}},
>   {status,waiting},
>   {message_queue_len,0},
>   {messages,[]},

Good. That's consistent with the fact that connections are still being
accepted.

Bear with me, this may take a few iterations... (if you can let me have
a shell on the machine we could do this more quickly)...

Next try:

rabbitmqctl eval '[process_info(ConnSup) || {_, ConnSup, supervisor, _}
<- supervisor:which_children(rabbit_tcp_client_sup)].'

Regards,

Matthias.