[rabbitmq-discuss] Statistics database could not be contacted. Message rates and queue lengths will not be shown.

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Fri Oct 5 17:13:33 BST 2012

> We really don't recommend use of clusters on networks that may be subject
to partitions.

A follow up question then. We run our brokers in clusters, and hopefully
nothing ever goes down, we never have network partitions, etc... (and in
fact, we've had clusters running for months at a time without issue.)

The question is, in the unfortunate event of a network partition, should we
just expect to lose the capability of the statistics database? It's
important for us to know, as I've written additional tooling that uses the
HTTP API to manipulate various things, and when the stats database isn't
available, various fields returned by the HTTP APIs (like message counts)
seem to vanish.

Thanks,

Matt