[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory watermark alert not resetting.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 4 17:17:17 BST 2012

On 04/10/12 16:57, Raviv Pavel wrote:
> Back to the original problem:
> 1. I set the watermark very low so I can reach it, effectively  78MB

Ah. Was this what you had done in the first place?

> 2. server starts with empty queues and memory usage is 66MB
> 3. I start publishing messages and reach the watermark
> 4. publisher gets blocked
> 5. I purge the queue but memory stays the same

When you set the watermark very low, close to the "empty" memory use, it
is very possible that the memory level will go over and never go under
again. Caches, lazy instantiation and so on. RabbitMQ is not designed
for highly constrained memory environments.

Cheers. Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware